Goryeo Palace (Goryeogung)
Ganghwado (Ganghwa Island), Korea
In June 1232, King Gojong of Goryeo moved his capital to Ganghwa in order to resist the Mongolian invasion. The Ganghwa palace was destroyed under the terms of the peace treaty of 1270, when Goryeo became a client state of the Yuan dynasty; its present buildings were reconstructed in 1977.
The site today also includes two reconstructed Joseon buildings: the governor's main office (1638), and an administration office (1654). These date from just after the Second Manchu Invasion of Korea, when Goryeogung was taken over by the governor of Ganghwa.